Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Toddlerized Crochet Angel Wings Pinafore


Maxine Grosner's Angel Wings Pinafore is one of my favourite patterns ever (available for free here). It builds up fairly quickly and creates amazing-looking pieces (check out my previous "version"). The only catch is that it's only available in a 0-3 size, so I had to put my thinking hat on to upsize it (Little A. is currently 2,5 years old, but she already wears a 3-4T size).


So, after playing around with some yarn and a hook, I came up with these mods and the pinafore fits her perfectly! :)


Materials:
  • 150 gr of worsted yarn (using Wool Worsted 50, I spent 3 skeins exactly, so approximately 330 meters/360 yards). 
  • 6mm/H hook;
  • 3 (cute) buttons (optional).
 
 Instructions:

  • Follow the pattern until the end of row 4.
  • Add an extra row (row 5): dc across.
  • Row 6: continue on according to row 5 of the original pattern.
  • Completed 14 rows of "shells" after row 8 of original pattern (row 9 for this size).  
  • Left out row 18 of the original pattern; instead, I simply single crochet across (1 sc in each st).
  • NOTE: I decided to not to join the work in the round, since I wanted to fit more like a tunic. I also think you probably get some more "fitting time" by not joining in the round. 
 
And... BANG!!! A Toddlerized Angel Wings Pinafore!   




No comments:

Post a Comment