Work has been really getting in the way of my knitting/crocheting. Humpf. And, with a brand new baby from a very dear friend around the corner, let's just say that I'm not amused. But, considering how limited my time is, I need to be savvy in my projects and I need to be fast and furious. With that precise thought in mind, I decided to go for a pair of baby dungarees. And here is my train of thought:
- I wanted the "main body" to be knitted and not crocheted;
- I wanted them to be seamed;
- I would then add the back straps later on.
So, I just knitted the whole thing and sew the seams. And then my mods began:
- I did not pick up stitches for the legs (I HATE PICKING UP STITCHES); instead, I just single crochet around the leg openings and the end results is pretty cool;
- For the straps: at the back of the shorts, after determining the middle of the piece, I counted five to my right and then did 10 sc. I continued with these 10 sc for about 10 cm (4 in).
- Then, I only sc on the first 5 sc (first strap) and continued on with these 5 sc for about 20 cm (8 in). After that, I did the buttonholes: 2 sc, ch 1, sk 1, 2 sc on every 4th round.
- For the second strap, I rejoined the yarn at the beginning of the last round of 10 sc, 5 sc and continued on as for the first strap, being careful to place the buttonholes evenly and accordingly.