Primavera (i.e., "Spring" in Portuguese). That elusive time of year when your nose is constantly running, you kind of itch all over and you begin to live. You start spending more time outdoors, you relish the sun and babies begin to show those wonderful baby rolls. But that doesn't mean that you no longer need some warmth. This is where this cute shrug comes into play. Designed to be crocheted in cotton, it is simple but cute, adding just that extra-layer (much needed during Spring or even during Summer/Autumn). So, grab your hook and yarn and go!
Primavera - Ruffle Shrug for Babies
Sizes:6 months, 12 months, 18 months, 2 years
(shown here in 6 month size)
- 100/125/150/200 mt of worsted cotton yarn (shown in Rowan Classic Cotton Jeans);
- 5.5 mm/I hook;
- 5/6 buttons.
InstructionsInstructions are for the smaller size, with changes for the larger size noted in parentheses as necessary.
- Foundation Row: Chain 43 (47, 49, 53).
- Row 1: Dc in 3rd chain from hook and next 2 (2, 3, 3) ch, 3 dc in next chain (increase corner made), dc in next 6 ch, 3 dc in next chain (increase corner made), dc in next 12 (14, 14, 16) ch, 3 dc in next chain (increase corner made), dc in next 6 ch, 3 dc in next chain (increase corner made), dc in next 10 (12, 12, 14). Chain 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), turn.
- Row 2: *work dc until you reach the middle st of previous corner, 3 dc* - repeat 3 more times.
- Repeat row 2 until you reach row 6 (7, 8, 8).
- Divide-for-Sleeves Row (or Row 7, 8, 8, 9) - dc until the first st of the corner from the previous row, 2dctog, joining the middle st of the 1st corner with the middle st of the 2nd corner, dc until the first st of the 3rd corner from the previous row, 2dctog, joining the middle st of the 3rd corner with the middle st of the 4th corner, dc to end, chain 3, turn.
- Next Row: Dc in each st across, Ch3, turn. Repeat this row 0 (1, 2, 3) more times.
- For the ruffle:
- Ch 1, sc across. Chain 3 turn.
- Chain 4, 1 dc in first sc, chain 1, *1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc, ch 1* in each sc across. Break off yarn.
- For the sleeves:
- Attach yarn to the middle stitch of armpit at the back. Chain 3, dc across, picking up 2 stitches for each horizontal dc at underarm, for a total of 24 (26, 28, 30) st.
- Dc in each st across. Join with sl st to begin of round. Repeat this row 0 (1, 2, 2) more times.
- Chain 1, sc in same st, *ch 1, sk 1, 1 sc* until the end. Join with slip st to beginning of row. Sl st to first chain space. Repeat row 2 more times.
- Sow button on 1st row and on every other row.
- Weave in ends. Grab pretty baby. Put on shrug. Tear up due to cuteness overload.
(C) theanarchistknitter.blogspot.com - All rights reserved.
You have permission to sell any finished item you make using this copyrighted pattern. However, you may not reproduce, sell, adapt, modify, communicate to the public, reproduce or otherwise use any part of this pattern, because that would be super uncool! Any other questions or doubts, please let me know @ firstname.lastname@example.org!