Toddlerized Crochet Angel Wings Pinafore


Maxine Grosner's Angel Wings Pinafore is one of my favourite patterns ever (available for free here). It builds up fairly quickly and creates amazing-looking pieces (check out my previous "version"). The only catch is that it's only available in a 0-3 size, so I had to put my thinking hat on to upsize it (Little A. is currently 2,5 years old, but she already wears a 3-4T size).


So, after playing around with some yarn and a hook, I came up with these mods and the pinafore fits her perfectly! :)


Materials:
  • 150 gr of worsted yarn (using Wool Worsted 50, I spent 3 skeins exactly, so approximately 330 meters/360 yards). 
  • 6mm/H hook;
  • 3 (cute) buttons (optional).
 
 Instructions:

  • Follow the pattern until the end of row 4.
  • Add an extra row (row 5): dc across.
  • Row 6: continue on according to row 5 of the original pattern.
  • Completed 14 rows of "shells" after row 8 of original pattern (row 9 for this size).  
  • Left out row 18 of the original pattern; instead, I simply single crochet across (1 sc in each st).
  • NOTE: I decided to not to join the work in the round, since I wanted to fit more like a tunic. I also think you probably get some more "fitting time" by not joining in the round. 
 
And... BANG!!! A Toddlerized Angel Wings Pinafore!   




Comments

Popular Posts